Monday 21 May 2018

Spade in Triangle

So with the Heart in Circle completed, I went and worked on Spade in Triangle.  In this pattern, I tried to put a slightly more delicate illusion image in a piece of knitted fabric other than a square or rectangle.

I do not know why but when search for spade and illusion knitting in Ravelry, nothing came up which mean 90% chance that it is not being done before in published pattern there. Could it be because of the difficulty of the making up an illusion pattern for that shape or for some other reasons I do not know?  Oh well, I said to myself let tried it out. Do something that is "not popular" might be a challenge and I really think making the coaster / dishcloth in a set is really nice idea.

The shape of a spade has finer details than a heart and it really took me a few trials to find the fine balance between the size of the spade and the details shown. Obviously a spade is an upside down heart with a stalk, and it is the attachment of this stalk that took me the longest time. 

This pattern is very easy to follow and option to use basic stitches is given (yes, there is the "proper" version and the "happy keep going" version lol)

Spade in Triangle is now available in my Ravelry store.

Happy Knitting :)

No comments:

Post a Comment