Monday 21 May 2018

Diamond in Rhombus

Diamond in Rhombus is the last one in Furballs' Deck of Cards.  I left it as the last one to write up because I really had no idea what frame work to put the diamond in.  Again, negative energy saved my day.  Rhombus, rhombus, rhombus.....  I can knit one up unintentionally if my tension is not right in a bias knitting project, or I can deliberately knit one up with use of increase and decrease stitches.

A total surprise to me is the second illusion in the piece.  Somehow when the piece is done, the diamond is not "centered" in the rhombus.  I checked the chart once, I checked the chart twice, and I kept on thinking.  Here is my conclusion.  Firstly the lines of the frame work interact with the lines of the diamond to make it a little bit tilted visually.  Secondly, I think is the stitch width of the increase and decrease not totally matched, and with using them on one side consistently like in this work, the misfit magnified.  But I think this actually added in an extra charm to the finished piece lol

Diamond in Rhombus is now available in my Ravelry store.

Happy knitting :)

No comments:

Post a Comment