Monday 21 May 2018

Club in Hexagon

Club in Hexagon is the third in the collection in Furballs' Deck of Cards.  It is also most dragged one to write for me.

Club has even more details than spade, and to limit in a framework of Hexagon of a certain size (I need to fit the size to the other coasters in the set), and I was doubting I could do it.  Just like everything, anticipation is 90% of the whole thing lol.  Once I started, I did not find it too hard to make up an illusion pattern that I like and look like a club.

To my surprise, the difficult part is not the club shape but the hexagon frame work.  Although on the chart, it looks hexagon, when knitted out, it looks more like oval than hexagon pre block.  So May be I should call the pattern "Club in Oval", so blocking is recommend to obtain shape.  For hexagon shape to make it perfect, I think either to knit it bigger in flat or do short row one with center point.  The short row one will be perfect without blocking but I do not even knot where to start with the illusion pattern lol

Club in Hexagon is now available in my Ravelry store.

Happy knitting :)

No comments:

Post a Comment