Sunday 12 March 2017

Stop Tickling me ..... and just Rub My Tummy Please

Finally, I have taken Rub My Tummy Please pattern to the market.  It is now on sale in my store in Ravlry.com.



I need to thanks all the testers that had participate in the pattern testing and for their valuable feedback :)

This pattern is the start of my journey in knitting the round and perfect disc. For experienced knitters, the most logical way is to knit from center out. It is easier for sizing as well, so one can stop when the size (diameter) is reached. Really no brain work in here. The drawback is that you will need to know some kind of special cast on, like Emily Osler's cast on, Judy's magic cast on. Those cast ons are not that difficult but practice does make everything perfect ;)


The challenge then presented was the untamed wavy edge. The stockinette stitch likes to curl up and in a disc shape, it becomes wavy instead of curling up at both edges as in a long rectangular scarf, for example. So I did a "mock cuff" ("real one" will involve double knitting lol) to stabilize the edge. It also gave me a chance to add in the little cutie paws too.



The head and tail are fun to make too.  Different facial expression and tail curling will certainly bring out the charm and resemblance to your feline friends at home.


And if you are an intermediate beginner or an advance knitter looking for challenge, there are two more patterns, Black Sheep (CAT) In The Family and Over CATchievers coming up that might be right down your alley. Similar cat coasters but different in construction :) Stay Tune

To find out where my inspiration for this pattern came from, visit my other page in this blog.

Happy Knitting :D

No comments:

Post a Comment