Friday 24 February 2017

Black Sheep (or is it CATS?) of the family

Everyone must have at least one in the family lol and if you are looking at sheep coasters, I am sorry to disappoint you. Although sheep are nice, CATS are nicer (I have the furball CEOs staring at me while writing this). I named them Black Sheep because they are constructed differently compared to the Rub My Tummy Please coaster, but they look nearly the same ... yes, if you look closer, you will see the difference.  It is not a bad thing though, we are all different after all, and Happy Mama likes her litter all the same.


This pattern took me about one week of experimentation. It is a bit of a challenge to handle the curly edge of a knitting a disc in stockinette stitch, but I think I made a good solution to the problem

This line of coaster is technically downgraded so more can enjoy knitting it. It is suitable for intermediate beginners which are now comfortable knitting in rows and ready to progress to knitting in rnd. No specialty cast on necessary, no make one increase stitches. There is a lot of pick up stitches practice but totally manageable.  And with that in mind, I only kept it at small coaster.  Don't expect me to pick up 104 sts soon after making Happy Mama :D

One important note to the technique of the coasters: for intarsia of Pink Lady Kitten, I recommend anchor every stitch to make the WS neat and tidy; otherwise, if using 2 or more floats, might need to sew on a piece of fabric, e.g. felt, to finish

I will bring it to test soon and hope it wont be a disappointment to my testers :D

Happy knitting!

No comments:

Post a Comment