Thursday 12 April 2018

My Sprouting Catnips

Spring time should be here any minute and My Sprouting Catnips is a way to celebrate the warmer weather to come.



I love the curves in the pattern that is framed by a garter stitch edge square.  I love the curves so much I decided to squeeze in three stalks - one full and two partial, instead of two full stalks.  The reverse stockinette leaves wonderfully stand out from the background and fit well with the slip stitch cable stalk.


When I was designing it, I had a confidence problem knitting the wrong side rows.  This pattern is very compact and busy, so it does not have any rest row and each row, be it the right side or wrong side, has a change in stitch pattern.  It is not that difficult when knitting the right side as I can see the change, but the wrong side, oh well, it is like turning the piece every few stitches to make sure all the knits and purls fall in the right place.

This pattern is now available in my Ravelry store.

Happy knitting :)

No comments:

Post a Comment