Tuesday 24 April 2018

High Level CopyFurball

Think I am knocking out two patterns from one though I am not saving any creative juice nor time to write up the pattern.

High Level CopyFurball is conceived as a dishcloth pattern to highlight (guess in a very strict term, copy and reuse) the chaotic woven fabric stitch which I fall in love with.  I like the look it builds up and it retain the feel of tradition woven fabric stitch.

It will be too boring to just have the stitch pattern repeated so many times to make a square dishcloth.  I wanted more excitement and gave it a new look comparing to where it morphed from (More Heart from Furballs).  So I tried to pair it up with another stitch pattern and it was not that easy.  The woven fabric stitch has the characteristic of shrinking at all direction so when merging with another pattern, special care is needed to retain a straight edge up and down.  I finally took the easy way out and decided on linen stitch.  And with linen stitch, I just could not but knitted it in at least two colours.  It is a match in heaven. 

The free and disorganized chaotic woven fabric stitch contrast well with the highly organized and delicate linen stitch.  The best part is that they are both in the category of woven fabric stitch, so maintaining the tension and stitch number across the row to knit into a square / rectangle piece is a breeze.

If you like the fabric feel of the linen stitch, but are tired of knitting the linen stitch every time, and want some variation, High Level CopyFurball is for you.

The pattern is now available in my Ravelry store.

Happy knitting

No comments:

Post a Comment