Friday 15 June 2018

Catch of the Day ...... Not another fish (sigh)

Furballs' Catch of the Day was inspired by my furballs and a further extension to the Dumb(Fur)be(a)lls' pattern.  I had said I would not publish the DumbFurballs but perhaps I will change my mind later lol


It all started when I somehow getting tired of knitting in flat and need something different to keep my interest going.  So I went back to my root which was knitting seamless or 3D objects like cat toys. 

Whenever I use kitchen mittens or hot pads to handle scorching pot handles and lids, I will wish those things could be more fitting or smaller so they will not dip / touch the food. 

So combining my need and the experience in knitted toy, I came up with the DumbFurball first.  Then I held an adhoc conference with the furball executives and agreed on the fish theme.



The stitch patterns were chosen and designed for the best grip possible with knitted item.  Stitch pattern is reverse in the centre for a better folding compliance.  Adding an intarsia pattern and a small fish tail completed the whole picture.



The little fishy is now available in my Ravelry store.

Happy Knitting :)

No comments:

Post a Comment